Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What are the parking options?

Parking options include street and structure parking. The cost to park in our building is $1 every 30 minutes, with a maximum fee of $6. There is free parking on Sepulveda and Manchester Boulevards, some with a one hour limit before 6 p.m. Behind our building, in a residential neighborhood, parking is free, with street cleaning restrictions on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m. - noon. Our building has a convenient pathway on its east side from the Manchester entrance door to the residential streets. There is also an entrance off Sepulveda Boulevard, next to the bus stop.

Do you send the claims to insurance or do I need to do it?

As a courtesy, this office will do all the paperwork for you and send the claims on your behalf at no charge.

What types of payments are accepted?

The office accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover Card, American Express,  Apple Pay, debit card, check, cash, Zelle, Online bill payment,  HSA and FSA cards.

What insurance plans do you accept?

Our office accepts all PPO dental insurance plans and is an in-network provider for Delta Dental Premier and MetLife dental plans.

How and when do you collect payment?

Your co-payment and deductible, if applicable, will be estimated and collected at the time of service. Your insurance company does not guarantee any dental benefits, as they are determined at the time the claim is processed. Therefore, we will try to estimate as best we can your co-payment and apply any deductible, if applicable, and collect at the time of service. If a balance remains following insurance payment, you will be responsible for that; or if credit remains, the office will refund your overpayment. Some insurance plans send payments to the subscriber. In those cases, payment in full is required at the time of service.

What is the difference between in-network and out-of-network providers?

An In-network provider is one contracted with the dental insurance company to provide services to plan members for specific pre-negotiated rates. An Out-of-network provider is one not contracted with the dental insurance plan. In many cases, the benefits provided and the reimbursements are the same.

What should I do when I have a dental emergency?

Accidents happen, and knowing what to do when one occurs can mean the difference between saving and losing a tooth.
Here are some tips for common dental emergencies: 

  • For a knocked-out permanent or adult tooth, keep it moist at all times. If you can, try placing the tooth back in the socket without touching the root. If that’s not possible, place it in between your cheek and gums, in milk, or use a tooth preservation product that has the ADA Seal of Acceptance. Then, call us right away.
  • For a cracked tooth, immediately rinse your mouth with warm water to clean the area. Put cold compresses on the face to keep any swelling down.
  • If you bite your tongue or lip, clean the area gently with water and apply a cold compress.
  • For toothaches, rinse your mouth with warm water to clean it out. Gently use dental floss to remove any food caught between the teeth. Do not put aspirin on the aching tooth or gum tissues.
  • For objects stuck in the mouth, try to gently remove with floss but, do not try to remove it with sharp or pointed instruments.

When are patients referred to specialists?

Procedures such as root canals, some extractions, implant placement, periodontal surgeries, orthodontics, and some pediatric procedures are referred to dental specialists.

What can I expect at a new patient initial visit?

Before your first visit, please download and print the New Patient forms and review our Notices of Privacy Practice and Facts About Fillings.

A comprehensive oral evaluation includes an examination of the head and neck, oral cancer screening, a periodontal exam, dental exam, intraoral photos, and x-rays if needed. A dental cleaning usually follows, with oral hygiene instructions.

What days do you close?

The office is closed Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.

How do I request my dental records and x-rays from a previous office?

You are entitled to a copy or summary of your dental records on paper or an electronic copy. The previous office may require you to submit a written request and must comply within 15 days. California law gives the dental practice the right to charge $0.25 per page, as well as reasonable clerical costs and postage, for paper copies. The fee for an electronic copy may not exceed the actual labor and material costs.